Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Bergans Rask jacket

Bram Vanhaverbeke

Anbefalte innlegg

As I am from Belgium, I don't speak the Norwegian language.

I hope it isn't a problem if i write this in English.

I'm looking for a new waterproof breathable jacket.

I've seen the Bergans Rask in the outdoor shop. I really like it.

But because Bergans isn't that known in Belgium I can't ask the opinion of an owner in Belgium.

So whats the reputation of Bergans in Norway?

Is the Bergans Rask a durable jacket?

Is the breathing capacity as good as a goretex jacket or better?

Are there many people in Norway who have a jacket from Bergans or do you prefer goretex jackets? (from TNF, Mammut etc)

So do you recommend this jacket?

Greetings, Bram Vanhaverbeke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

So whats the reputation of Bergans in Norway?

- Good, realiable, old house-brand, huge success in Norway and aborad, the last 3-4 years

Is the Bergans Rask a durable jacket?

- Don't know this specific jacket, however, I do own two others (Anatomic LV and Istind), they both perform well. Rask looks to me like a "more design" Dynamic jacket, the Dynamic jacket has received good appraisals on Fjellforum

Is the breathing capacity as good as a goretex jacket or better?

- ohh, the debate :) can we settle on as good as? Bergans' fabric should function even when dirtry or exposed to seawater.

Are there many people in Norway who have a jacket from Bergans or do you prefer goretex jackets? (from TNF, Mammut etc)

- Yes, pretty much everyone in Norway owns a hard-shell jacket, and Bergans is everywhere, and Gore-Tex jackets too (especially Norrøna).

So do you recommend this jacket?

- I will continue to buy Bergans hard-shell clothing.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1)So whats the reputation of Bergans in Norway?

2)Is the Bergans Rask a durable jacket?

3)Is the breathing capacity as good as a goretex jacket or better?

4)Are there many people in Norway who have a jacket from Bergans or do you prefer goretex jackets? (from TNF, Mammut etc)

5)So do you recommend this jacket?

1)Bergans reputation in Norway is traditionally very good. It's an old and experienced brand. Especially they're known for making good backpacks. Lately however their textile products has become more and more urbanized. At the moment I would go as far as to say that 80% of their clothing is made for city use and has close to nothing to do in the mountains. Almost every jacket has a very short and urban cut and the hoods are generally very small and without a decent protection for the face.

2)The Dermizax textile is supposed to handle dirt well without much decreased breathability. From what I've heard the jackets start to leak very quick, but I have no experience myself.

3)I don't know about the breathability, but I don't think it's noticable different from Gore-tex.

4)There are plenty of people in Norway who has a Bergans jacket. However, most serious people who enjoy outdoor life either has a older Bergans jacket (which is more suitable for outdoor use) or other brands like Arc'Teryx, Mammut etc.

5) No.

A notice you might take into consideration: The Rask jacket has magnetic buttons in the front. These might disturb compasses and electronic avalanche devices. I wouldn't bring something like that on a trip, but it might work well.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I got Bergans Rask jacket last year, and I love my jacket! Rask is a bit softer/thinner than some other jackets (has been compeared with gore-tex pac-lite, but is not this thin), so it doesn't feel stiff, but it is still a 3-ply Dermizax fabric. Dermizax is vind and water proof, and have good breathability. I use my Rask jacket all year round, and vary with more or less clothes under. I also have pants in Dermizax I like very well.

Bergans have been very popular the last years, and some models has even been sold out from the produser. If you not already did, take a look at www.bergans.no an select english language. There you will find all the technical stuff you need to know.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.