Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Winter sleeping bag - Help, experience

Ferty_

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi,

I have few questions. 

First I need you'r experience for winter sleepong bag.

1. Helsport Rago X-trem

2. Mountain Equipment glacier 1000

3. Pajak Core 950

On the internet is so little information about this bags. I want to know:

- Temperature rating in reality

- Weight and packability in compression bag/dimensions.

I need bag for winter mountaineering and backpacking, climbing..

On the first place security or warmth. Second is packability. Third is weight.

Can someone take some photos in compression bag because I can't find any photo on the internet? Also retailer don't want to do that, manufacturer also don't want. 2min of jobb just to know how much it can be compressed.

I'm 183cm tall regular fit body. Many sites many different informations. Many people say bags is too small in regular size for me 183cm (Glacier and Rago x-trem). Is that true?

Also say for Glacier comfort temperature rating is not true for about 5-10c less. If it's declared like -11c that means it's only about few degrees below zero. That is mild weather bag...

For rago say temperature rating is true, and some people do more, and some people have problem with migrating down and cold sports. Is that true?

Outher shell material on paper sound ok. Some waterproofnes. Some problem with that?

About Pajak Radical 950 i found almost nothing. 

What do you think about these three bags?

And for the end I want to take Amok sleeping pad (Fjøl red regular size or ultralihgt blue). Bigest concern is dimensions when is packed. I Don't know in reality, and if someone can make some picture. I will appreciate soo much :)

Tnx for answers!!

Endret av Ferty_
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

I am 183 cm tall and have the Rago X-Trem sleeping bag. It's a really good bag, and the temperature rating is just as it says for me(how your body matches  the defined standard is individual). I can sleep comfortably in this bag down to -16 ish. I usually have a small outer bag on for both condensation handling and temp boost.

The best things about the Rago is the extremely good fit (you dont feel restricted) and the down "krage" (english word??) which is great for ensuring that warm air does not escape the bag through the opening. The hood and adjustment thingies for it are also very comfortable and easy to use.

I am packing it later today for this weekend's trip and can show you it compressed (if I remember). The bag fits easily in most larger backpacks and is just marginally larger in pack size than my old Helsport Alts 3-season sleeping bag.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

3 hours ago, sneakyowl said:

I am packing it later today for this weekend's trip and can show you it compressed (if I remember). The bag fits easily in most larger backpacks and is just marginally larger in pack size than my old Helsport Alts 3-season sleeping bag.

Tnx @sneakyowl !

I hope you will remember to take some pictures. I just need to know that how much it will be possible to pack and use space in my backpack. 

U don'r have problem with cold spots and down migration? Is it more fluffy like on the pictures on sites or more loose flat feeling?

Make picture before and after compressed please. 

Tnx one more time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ferty_ skrev (10 minutter siden):

Tnx @sneakyowl !

I hope you will remember to take some pictures. I just need to know that how much it will be possible to pack and use space in my backpack. 

U don'r have problem with cold spots and down migration? Is it more fluffy like on the pictures on sites or more loose flat feeling?

Make picture before and after compressed please. 

Tnx one more time.

Here's a photo of the sleeping bag compressed in the bottom of a Fjellpulken Transporter 155, so approximately 40cm length. I can compress the sleeping bag more (and I do when I use it in my backpack).

image.thumb.png.8a28ae3bc3663d4f590482c4c0c8364e.png

No problem with cold spots or down migration. Have used it quite a bit too. It is very fluffy and "large" when laid out when all the down is lofted. The womens model is even fluffier and has a better temperature rating, due to the same amount of down being used as in the men's model - In a shorter bag.

For reference, If I bring it in a backpack, I choose my Fjällräven Kajka 85. The Kajka 65 pack I have also works, but I have to pack a bit more minimized on everything else. The Kajka packs are quite short of width, but I am still able to (in the 85 at least) to pack the sleeping bag laying sideways.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.