Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Tips for hiking in Haukelifjell

fjellabc

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi, I am planning a 4 day hiking/camping trip from Haukeliseter > Hellevassbu > Middalsbu > Haukelister. I have never done camping in the mountains and on Hardangervidda. Would appreciate tips on the route and the conditions. I am planning second week in August. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

I can only comment on the part from Haukeliseter to  Hellevasbu.
I have don this trip two times.

Thinke this is considerd one of the more callenging routes according to DNT. At the same time it is totalt manageable for a fit and healthy person 

The hardest  part is from Haukeliseter and up to Mannevann. 

Are you planing on tenting or staying at the dnt cabins ? 

Endret av zupertramp
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi, I hope that it is alright that I ask a related question here. The bus from Oslo to Haukeliseter that I can take arives at 19:00 in Haukeliseter. This is a bit late (19:00) to go into to mountains. Is it easy to find a tenting spot near Haukeliseter without hiking far so that I can start hiking the next day?

Endret av Nop
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It is probably the most difficult part of Hardangervidda following DNT routes. Tent camping? Be sure that you bring enough clothing to stay dry and comfortable. It’s cold up there. Map and compass is needed. Do not be dependent on cellphone reception. Be sure someone knows your route as well as when and where you will be back. 

There is a possibility to end your hike at Middalsbu if you for any reason won’t be able to continue, Røldal taxi can bring you out to the bus, or there is hitching a ride with other hikers. Walking out to Røldal i believe is 20 km on the road. 

I’m heading up into the same area next week. 

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nop skrev (På 28.7.2023 den 19.05):

Hi, I hope that it is alright that I ask a related question here. The bus from Oslo to Haukeliseter that I can take arives at 19:00 in Haukeliseter. This is a bit late (19:00) to go into to mountains. Is it easy to find a tenting spot near Haukeliseter without hiking far so that I can start hiking the next day?

Some huts have designated areas for tent campers.  It´s been many years since I was at Haukeliseter, and I don´t know about camping possibilities there, but try contacting Haukeliseter at +47 3506 2777 / [email protected].

If there are no camping options around the hut, I guess you´ll find camping spots just a kilometer or so from Haukeliseter, at Store Venaretjønn. (Zoom in on the map at ut.no, look for level areas near water).  Although it´s a short distance, it´s a steep ascent from Haukeliseter, so you will get sweaty.

Endret av Luesveis
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.