Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Massiv (Haukeliseter-Sota Sæter)

Nop

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi everyone,

I would edit my previous topic but that isn't possible, sorry for creating two topics. I am looking to hike the Massiv route (https://massiv.dnt.no/) from south (Haukeliseter) to north (Sota Sæter). I have a few short questions which I hope someone might have answers to:

1. DNT decribes the route from north to south (from Sota Sæter to  Haukeliseter). I want to reverse that and walk from south to north because when I look at the map, I think the southern area is easier to hike. This way I am giving my body more time to get used to hiking again. Are there are problems with this choice that I dont foresee?

2. In Lapland I hike with a Garmin Inreach GPS for emergencies. But Lapland seems more remote then the Massiv area, should I bring it or is that really not needed in this area?

3. The only resupply point I found is a supermarket in Tyinkrusset, which I can walk to when walking between Sulebu and Slettningsbu. Is there any other resupply point that I am missing?

4. I have trouble finding at which parts of the route I can exit and find a bus stop in case I need to leave. Is it only Haukeliseter and Sota Sæter or are there other exit points as well?

Thanks in advance for the effort!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

1) You are right. The southern part is easier, except for the first half kilometer up from Haukeliseter.

2) Depends on the emergency and where you are. Some days you will wonder where all the people are, other days you might find yourself standing in line. Hopefully you will not need it, but when you need it, you really need it.

3) Tyinkrysset has a sports store as well as a supermarket. On the way you will pass DNT-cabins with food stores (help yourself; "selvbetjent" - the first of which on your route is Hellevassbu). Here you can supplement your stores.

4) Roughly a week in, you will cross the train line between Bergen and Oslo. The train stops at Finse, Ustadoset and Geilo. Good time to bail if everything goes to...
   A bit further on you have Skarvheim which sits next to a main road, R52. There is a bus stop at Breistølen, probably close to the path.

Looks like a nice trip. I hope to do it one of these days :)

• Liker 1
  • Takk 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Very clear information, thank you for the effort Grimner. I am still doubting about which sleeping bag I should take, my 3-season bag with a limit temperature of -2°C or my warmer bag with a limit temperature of -12°C. Any advice?

Endret av Nop
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Thanks, I am all prepared now. Looking at YR.no, temperature seem to be between 3c-10c. And lots of rain unfortunately. I plan using these clothes, is there missing anything in your option?

Packed
Rain & Wind Jacket
Rain & Wind Pants
Rain & Wind Gloves
Fleece Gloves
Synthetic Puffy
Thinwool Sleep Shirt
Merino Wool Sleep Tights
Merino Wool Sleep Socks
Wool Beanie

Wear
Baseball Cap
Merino Wool Buff
Merino Wool Baselayer
Grid-Fleece
Thin Trousers
Merino Wool Socks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.