Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Recommended places to Nordic ski in Norway?

Calypso

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi all,

Based on responses, I'm inclined to do some track set nordic skiing. My search on the web shows there are obviously lots of places to do this. Can anyone recommend any of their favorite places to track ski with close accomodations and nice scenery and not too crowded?

Thanks again eh!

Calypso

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Hi Calypso,

What do you mean by track ski? Is that skiing in trails, made by a machine? Or tracks that are marked and not machine made? That last category of trails (marked by sticks) are visible on a map that you will find her:

http://www.turistforeningen.no/english/. Choose Waymarked ski routes 2008.

As you can see on the map, most mountain regions in the southern part of norway have marked trails.

I think though you are a little late for this year. Most of the makings are removed about now or at the beginning of Mai. As long as you go skiing outside the Easter holiday (the week before Easter) it is not crowded. This year I went to Femund and I hardly saw any other skiers. I think most of the machine made tracks will nog be maintained anymore either. You are able to ski in Mai as well in the higher/colder regions, but then you can't count on markings anymore. You should also be carefull with crossing ice in Mai. Hardangervidda is nice in Mai. Keep in mind that most of the mountain huts that have people working, are closed ny now. If you want to use huts, you need a key to use the self service huts. If you can tell us a little more about your plans in detail, we can check for you which huts are available.

Linda

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sorry for the babbling above. Now I read the discussion about different types of skiing... Track skiing = machine made tracks.

Those can be found here:

or around Oslo here:

http://www.skiforeningen.no

You might want to try the Trolløype in Rondane. I think it is one of the longest tracks in Norway. And maybe it is stille possible in Mai, but I still think it is very late in the year. Try a bit earlier next year. Around Oslo in Januari - March and in the mountains Februari - March - April. After April I think no tracks wil be maintained by machines. Then you are only left woth back country skiing.

Linda

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.