Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Jotunheimen question

chmelko

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi, me and my friends plan an 8 days trip to Jotunheimen at the end of august - beginning of september. We'll come by bus to Otta and plan to go across Jotunheimen to Øvre Årdal. None of us has ever been in Jotunheimen. Any hints or recommendation where to go or not are welcome. We'll mostly stay in tents. Thanx.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse
Hi, me and my friends plan an 8 days trip to Jotunheimen at the end of august - beginning of september. We'll come by bus to Otta and plan to go across Jotunheimen to Øvre Årdal. None of us has ever been in Jotunheimen. Any hints or recommendation where to go or not are welcome. We'll mostly stay in tents. Thanx.

8) Hi there chmelko,i can give you,a good advice about a three days round in jotunheimen. Day 1: take the boat from gjendesheim to Gjendebu and go bukkelegeret to memurubu.Day 2 from memurubu- go to surtningshui one of the greatest views in jotunheimen 2368 m.!! Day 3:from memurubu you can go besseggen. I can really recommend this great "walk" spec surtningshui it,s really fantastic,not so many people going this mountain.Ask the people in memurubu if you not are sure about this info from me. ;=) Hope you are lucky with the weather, and have a nice stay in jotunheimen. from mr mountain man. ;=) :lol: NB IF you want i can send you some nice fotos from my three days round.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If your target is Øvre Årdal and to walk across Jotunheimen, i will rather advice you to walk in the opposite direction, which means: Besseggen from Gjendesheim, Surtningssui from Memurubu and further to Gjendebu by Bukkelægret.

- This walk, normally takes three days!

You can also go directly to Memurubu by boat across Gjende, and creat a camp near Memurubu (a private touristcabin) with your tent.

- Next day, you can take a daily walk to Surtningssui (2368 m.a.s.l.), which is a very nice peak (great view in all directions). Normal time: 8 ours.

From Memurubu it is several possibilities: 1). Either walk further to Gjendebu by Bukkelægret (5 ours), or 2). continue in northern direction to Glitterheim. Further across Skautflya to Spiterstulen in Visdalen. Here you will find nice places to creat a camp, not far from the cabin. You will also have the possibility to summit Galdøpiggen (the highest mountain in Norway - 2469 m.a.s.l.). Next day, walk further to Leirvassbu (simple and easy walk).

From Gjendebu, continue further to Olavsbu or directly to Leirvassbu (6 - 7 ours) by Storådalen and Langvatn. From here, walk Gravdalen into Storutledalen and then in southern direction to Skogadalsbøen (a nice touristcabin). Normal time for this walk: 6 ours.

- Next day, walk the valley called Utledalen (this valley is very lush and surrounded by steep mountains) and create a camp, or walk further to Øvre Årdal.

To get more info and details, visit the links below:

http://www.jotunheimen.info

http://www.turistforeningen.no

Rune.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Anyway, you cannot start your walk in Otta but need to take the bus further from there to either Gjendesheim (where the above recommended routes start) or via Lom to Spiterstulen or Leirvassbu and start from there. In case of Spiterstulen, ascent Glittertinden or Galdhøppigen first before you start walking on.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

hi,

thanks for all the replies!

looks like a good place to start the trip is Lom, or better said Spiterstulen. What I ended up with, so far, is: start at Spiterstulen > Glittertinden > Glitterheim > by the Russvatnet > Russvassbue > Memurubu > Surtningshui > Gjendebu > Langvatnet > Kyrkja (I love the shape of the mountain so I have to go up there :wink: ) > Gravdalen > Storutladalen > Vormeli > Vetti

or

the same til Storutladalen and then >Skogadalsboen > Uradalsvatnet > Tyinholmen.

What do you think? Any suggestions? You think its possible to make it in 8 days? Especially when we don't want to run... I don't have a map here (I'm at work), only the online one, so I don't really know how far it is.

Any advice how we can get to Spiterstulen when we don't have car is welcome! I know we can walk B)

thanx a lot so far.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

hi,

thanks for all the replies!

looks like a good place to start the trip is Lom, or better said Spiterstulen. What I ended up with, so far, is: start at Spiterstulen > Glittertinden > Glitterheim > by the Russvatnet > Russvassbue > Memurubu > Surtningshui > Gjendebu > Langvatnet > Kyrkja (I love the shape of the mountain so I have to go up there :wink: ) > Gravdalen > Storutladalen > Vormeli > Vetti

or

the same til Storutladalen and then >Skogadalsboen > Uradalsvatnet > Tyinholmen.

What do you think? Any suggestions? You think its possible to make it in 8 days? Especially when we don't want to run... I don't have a map here (I'm at work), only the online one, so I don't really know how far it is.

Any advice how we can get to Spiterstulen when we don't have car is welcome! I know we can walk B)

thanx a lot so far.

Do you have gps ??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.