Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Grill / stråleovn på multifuel

haknuts

Anbefalte innlegg

Annonse

Har som nevnt noe lignende selv. Prinsippet er en dings du setter på brenneren som så varmes opp til den gløder. Varmestrålingen i horisontalplanet øker dramatisk, og vips så har du en stråleovn.

Problemstillinger er sikkerhet ift den konsentrerte varmeutviklingen i og rundt ulike typer brennere.

Bildet viser en Partner Steel stove med 2 outback heatere, og er sakset herfra: http://www.britishblades.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-110344.html

Well, just got back from a week in the lakes. I took a cheapo greenhouse thermometer with me that measures inside and outside temperatures and records the min/max of both. I ran the lead for the outside thermistor through a gap in the groundhseet and stuck it outside on my propane bottle. In the end, it wasn't much of a test because the coldest temperatures recorded for the who trip were 4.9 degrees C outside and 7.6 degrees inside. I think that was probably in the early hours on one night. I did notice that the tent alone seemed to make about 3 degrees difference. Most of the time at night it seemed to be around 8 or 9 degrees inside the tent, which is not too bad at all. It's a bit chilly, but not uncomfortable. We had a big fire outside and it didnt rain at all so we were outside almost all of the time. I did test out the tent heaters though and I was well impressed. Like I said, they were not tested under demanding conditions, but I was sufficiently impressed that they will be a permanent addition to my kit. In fact I think it's the 0-7 degree range where this kind of heater really shines. It's not anywhere near cold enough to need a heater for survival, but it's cold enough to appreciate a little heat last thing and first thing or if marooned inside due to bad weather. I only actually used one of the two heaters - it was more than enough. Within a couple of minutes it lifted the internal temperature from 7 degrees to 16 degrees and was starting to get too hot. I demoed this for a couple of my fellow campers who I'm sure will testify to this if they read it.

By the way, my tent was a 4m soulpad bell tent with zip-in groundsheet....

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/Martyn_s30v/IMG_6177.jpg

Stove was a partner steel double burner, fuelled by a 6kg calor bottle...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/Martyn_s30v/stove/partner_stove_000.jpg

The heaters were these...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/Martyn_s30v/heater001.jpg

I kept the calor bottle outside the tent and ran the hose into the tent through a gap left by the zip in groundsheet, then up to the stove which sat on a Zarges box.

I got into the habit at night of going into my tent and firing up the heater on full bore. By the time I had got my boots off, the tent was warm. Then on with the kettle for a nigh time brew. I had to turn the heater down to a "simmer" before the kettle was boiled, as it was starting to get too hot in there. I left the heater on "simmer" while I drank my brew and smoked a roll up. The tent at this point was positively balmy, with a typical outside temperature of 6 or 7 degrees. The first night I also filled a mini hot water bottle, turned off the heater, crawled into my army sleeping bag and slept a solid 8 hours - It was very pleasant - In fact I shut up about how nice it was because I felt I was running the risk of getting squatters. :)

The mornings were just as good. Eyes open, turn on tent heater and kettle. By the time the kettle was boiled, the tent was toasty, so getting dressed was a comfortable and leisurely affair over a roll up and a big mug of fresh coffee. Bliss.

I am now a total convert to stove top heaters. I know they dont have the romance of a woodburning stove, but how many of us would swap our central heating for the romance of a coal fire? They are a fraction of the cost, they are fuel efficient, cheap to run, cheap to buy, easily warm enough to cope with any weather, controllable and safe. That last point is an issue for me as the thought of leaving anything combusting overnight while I sleep, scares the crap out of me.

The stove top heaters are limited though - I would NOT use one on top of a cannister stove. Andylaser had one of the ebay specials and tried in on top of his optimus crux. It was a bit scary. The cannister got very hot, very quickly and I honestly think you'd burn out the stove and maybe even blow the thing up if you ran it for more than a few seconds. As mentioned earlier, I think they would be fine on top of a paraffin stove like the optimus 111, or like I did, on top of a robust, remote gas stove, but to be avoided on a top-mounted, cannister stove unless you are hunting for a Darwin award.

In short, if you want absolute comfort, safety and efficiency, then this will work for you as well as it does for me, I'm sure. But it has limitations, you need a big, robust stove which also means you need a big tent - your tent should also be of a type which is suitably ventilated for burning things inside and you really need to be running bulk propane as a fuel (though I found it to be very frugal the way I was using it).

post-8799-133474754787_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.