Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Using my pulk as an anchor when falling in a crevasse.

Polar Bear

Anbefalte innlegg

I have been thinking for years to make something to use my pulk as anchor in case when falling in a crevasse.

Finally I got a good idea with using the pulling frame and two large aluminium poles (which I also use for making the tripwire around my tent), so I won't have to carry to much extra weight/equipment to use it.

The two Aluminium poles will be pressed into the snow by two metal springs and also the Pulling frame (fold in) will hit the snow.

This idea come up this weekend, now the next step: make it and be sure that it will work. :D

I hope to test it this winter in the snow and finally use it on Spitsbergen.

I don't think that anyone has ever make something like this?

But if anyone knows or saw someone using a pulk as an anchor, please let me know.

I will give updates about the progress of this project the next months. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

I have seen some photos of downward spikes on the pulling frame. The purpose was to catch the skier if he fell in a crevasse when towing a pulk.

I don't remember witch expeditions, but I suspect both Norwegian and Swedish expeditions have used the system on Greenland and Antartica. Maybe it was unsuccessful or cumbersome in practical use, as it's not listed as an option from any manufacturers today.

I dont know off any "real" use - if somebody actually have been saved by it.

Maybe you need some internal wires in the pulling frame to make it strong enough? And the anchoring points on your harness and pulk must also be strong enough..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.