Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Questions about the Nordlandsruta

Paul Baggen

Anbefalte innlegg

First of all: sorry for writing this in English. Jeg snakker kun lite Norsk.

This summer I plan on walking the Nordlandsruta (https://www.dnt.no/turtips/anbefalte-turer/nordlandsruta/) and I have a few questions that I hope you can answer for me:

My estimate is that I can walk about 20 to 25 km per day. Is that realistic given the terrain?
For reference, last summer I followed the Kungsleden from Abisko to Kvikkjok 20km per day was easily done (with my wife and two children)), now I’m going on my own which will be faster but as I don’t know the terrain it is hard to estimate.

Organising the supplies seems to be the biggest challenge I plan to bring food for the first week and arrange resupply boxes every 5-7 days. For the first box I have found an address but for the second and third box (Lønsdal station and Sulitjelma) I cannot find an address where I can send a box to. Therefore my idea is to send them poste restante to a postoffice so i can pick them up there.

According to the posten.no website this is possible.

The problem however is that apparently they only keep the box at the postoffice for 7 days (which is not enough if I send the box just before I start the tour.. You can ask to extend this period but the posten.no app that you seem to need for this can only be used with a Norwegian mobile number which I don’t have…

All help or suggestions on this matter are much appreciated

Finally a question about the cabins along the way. Although I plan to camp most of the time, I do want to use a cabin now and then. In the guidebook and on ut.no I see that there is 12V power available, which would be great to charge my GPS. However I cannot find anywhere what kind of a plug I need for this. Is a USB cable enough or are they using a different kind of plug?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Paul

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

I had my partner send the depot boxes when I walked the Nordlandsruta as part of an NPL in 2019. Is it possible for your wife to do the same? 

I sent one to Coop in Sulitjelma. I think that you could try and call them to extend the time the package lies with them, if you go that route. 

You could try the hotell in Lönsdal. Otherwise, you could also have the package sent to Rognan and take the train back and forth from Lönsdal. 

I think the terrain is "normal" mountain terrain, while Kungsleden is very easy. There are some climbs of 3-450 meters along the route. It depends on your shape and how heavy your backpack is. My feeling is that it should be no problem for you with 20-25 km per day.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

knaper skrev (1 time siden):

I I think that you could try and call them to extend the time the package lies with them, if you go that route. 

I can confirm that Posten can extend the period if you call their customer service. I was on my way to Lofoten and order some equiment delivered to Bodø, but it didn't arrive before I had to leave Bodø for Moskenes. I extended the period by 7 days in the app and had to call customer service to extend the period further. I told them I was on vacation and was not able to pick it up within the time limit.

I don't think Posten will appreciate you planning on having the supplies in their location for more than a week - but if you tell them a white lie they might let you do it.

Depending on what kind of supplies you need, you can order them online around 10 days before you plan to pick it up. In the address field on your online order, enter the address of the Post i butikk you plan on picking it up at. You will get an email with a tracking number you can use when picking up the supplies. That's what I did with the shipment I picked up in Bodø.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'm planning for Norlandsruta to, but will start south and walk north. You could have a look at these videos on YT, he has a video on tips for food and resupply at the end of the series.
Resupply will be a crucial part of the planning.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tusen takk for the suggestions. Especially the link to the camping near Sulitjelma. I read on their website that they will keep a depot parcel for me which is great as then I can send it to them before I depart. 

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

@Paul Baggen I see that its planed a group trip both from the south and the north of Nordlandsruta from 27.juli this year as a part of Bodø 2024 (the cultural capital of Europe), where the plan is to meet up in Sulitjelma 17.august. 

There will be a 13 cultural arrangements along the way. Good to know if you either want to join some of the arengements or try to avoid them.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.