Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Icewear/Norwear

mipe

Anbefalte innlegg

Hello,

First of all I appologize for writing in English, but I don't speak Norwegian. :wink:

So, here is my question: brands like Norrona or Bergans are well known for their quality, but in Norway I saw a lot of people wearing and shops selling Icewear/Norwear products (for example softshell jackets or windcutter jakcets). I would like to know your opinion about them? I googled Icewear but only found their website and that's all.

Are those good quality products? Can they be compared to Bergans or Norrona or any other good quality brands?

Thanks in advance for any help! :D

Regards,

mipe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

No, it was Norwear (or maybe Nor-Wear). Here is the website: www.icewear.is

When I look on the Internet, I can't find any information about their products. It seems like no one knows them :)

And if you look at their website, they have products similar to i.e. Bergans of Norway. And I wonder if the quality is good.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ok - now I know (remember).

It´s an Iceland company. Visited their "megastore" in Reykjavik when I was on Iceland some years ago. As far as I remember the quality looked quite good.

Remember they had some nice thick fleece sweaters & jackets.

They also have a lot of nice knitwear made of lambwool from Iceland.

How well their wind/waterproof fabric is, I don´t know. I don´t relay on anything else than Gore-Tex or Derimax.

The company may have a dealer located in Bergen, since you did see "a lot" of the brand there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

So, here is my question: brands like Norrona or Bergans are well known for their quality, but in Norway I saw a lot of people wearing and shops selling Icewear/Norwear products (for example softshell jackets or windcutter jakcets). I would like to know your opinion about them? I googled Icewear but only found their website and that's all.

Are those good quality products? Can they be compared to Bergans or Norrona or any other good quality brands?

The only experience I've had with Icewear is with a fleece vest that I bought on Iceland a few years ago. I'm using it as everyday clothing, not as part of my hiking gear, but the quality is ok. Judging by their web pages they seem more experienced with the isolation layer than shell clothing, and I wouldn't be any more or less cautious when buying their clothes than those of other brands. I do suspect Icewear have less customer support than Bergans and Norrøna though.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.