Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Kristiansand-Larvik

Freek

Anbefalte innlegg

Hallo,

sorry for skriving på engelsk. :wink:

My name is Freek and I'm a seakayaker from the Netherlands.

I've just finished a trip rond the island Orust in Sweden;

http://picasaweb.google.nl/zeekayakforum/Orust

Now I'm planning a trip from Kristiansand to Larvik.(207 km) for next spring.

So I can leave my car in Hirthals(Denmark).

I've planned the trip on Garmin's bluechart.

I want to do it in 5 days with tripdistances of 39,41,43,44,40 km/day

I'm interested in places to rest/camp campings and beautifull spots.

Does anyone have usefull waypoints/tracks/routes for me, I can use ?

Can I mail my planned (GPS)route to anyone to look at it for mistakes/better suggestions?

Other problem is where to start.

kristiansand001.jpg

The ferry will arrive at midnight. Closest camping I can find is Roligheden, but that's to far to walk.

Is it light enough in june to paddle there at night ?

Is the beginning of my track a good startpoint ?

Takk på forhånd

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse
I'm interested in places to rest/camp campings and beautifull spots.

Does anyone have usefull waypoints/tracks/routes for me, I can use ?

I am writing a book about the area from Kristiansand - Risor, and it will be published for Christmas. In western direction I wrote a book last year:

http://www.padleguiden.no/

You have found the best place to put out your kayak. Your chart show a sandy beach for start - in the centre of the city. If you go SW you can camp on an island after 10 min. Or you ca go SE, and find many beautiful places in under an hour. Places in Kristiansand is discribed in the book above.

I think it is light enough to paddle in the nigt in june, but bring with you a light.

I can check up your campsites until Langesund when I have written my new book. Send me an email with your route after Chrismas! :wink:

Happy planning!

-lars

PS: The TV-station NRK1 mada program from the area you are paddling through this summer:

http://www1.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/405658

(from Lillesand/grimstad)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

In Norway you don't need to find a camping. You can put up your tent everywhere where is at least 150 meters from the nearest house, but you are of course not allowed to camp in agricultural areas, public parks etc.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In Norway you don't need to find a camping. You can put up your tent everywhere where is at least 150 meters from the nearest house, but you are of course not allowed to camp in agricultural areas, public parks etc.

Well, that's what I like about Norway. :(

But I try to plan it from camping to camping. Why?

In case off bad weather I prefer a cabin. In good weather we will camp 'in the wild'.

And we need drinking water so now and then. And afther a few days in 'smelly' neoprene :lol: , a hot shower should be nice.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...
  • 5 måneder senere...

We’re back home.

All went well.

Tuesday, one of us had to quit, due back-problems, We arranged transport for him(thanx Kjetil) , and followed our plan.

We took a break (in the rain, tuesday afternoon)

P5260119.JPG

at the Arendal kajakclub, but nobody was there.

We ‘ve used some escapes due the the hard wind on Wednesday. North of Risor, we went into the lake (Lonene?) and followed the lakes to Barlandskilen. A deer was swimming across the lake, and swam right between us.

P5270193.JPG

We did 60km that day.

P5280246.JPGwest from Langesund.

Friday at 1.30 PM we arrived at Larvik, after 210 km in 5 days.

P5290301.JPG

more pics;

http://picasaweb.google.nl/zeekayakforum/KrisLarvik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 år senere...

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.