IGNORED

Steve Adams -Episode #217 – Sarah Jones Decker (Harvest)

BOT

This week, we have a book theme in the show, with a giveaway of six signed books. The principal guest is Sarah Jones Decker, or Harvest, who thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 2008, but that wasn’t the primary reason that we have Sarah as a guest. She has photographed and written about all the AT shelters in a beautiful book that evokes all the memories we share at those often rundown places.

sarahjdecker1.jpg

You can connect with Sarah and buy a signed copy of her book at

Hidden Content

sarahjdecker3.png

Sarah’s question as part of our six-book giveaway contest is: What is the largest non-hut shelter on the AT?

sarahjdecker2.jpg

Bruce Matson also came back to the show to talk about the three books that he has written since his thru-hike. You can find his books on Amazon at this link.

Hidden Content

Bruce’s question is: In which town do participants in the Curly Maple Pizza Challenge purchase the beer and pizza necessary to complete the challenge?

I’ve added my two signed books about my 2014 thru-hike and my question is: What shelter has the highest elevation on the trail?

Answer ALL THREE questions correctly, email your answers to me at [email protected], and you’ll be entered into a draw for ALL SIX signed books. Best of luck.

Finally today, Grandma Gatewood faces a storm in both her personal and hiking lives. She also teaches us a lesson that was being learned the hard way, for some, in the 1950s.

If you like what we’re doing on the Hiking Radio Network, please consider supporting us with either a one-off or monthly donation. The donate button is on the Mighty Blue podcast page at

Hidden Content

Any support is gratefully received.

The post

Hidden Content

appeared first on

Hidden Content

Hidden Content