Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

crossing hardangervidda

Luk

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi

Currently I'm planning my tour on the hardangervidda. At the moment my idea is to start in Røldal and stay in the southwest for a while before going to torehytten and moving on to Finse.

start : Røldal (july 24)

1 Middalsbu

2 Reinsnos

3 Kvanntjørnsbu

4 Reinaskor

5 Tyssevassbu

6 Torehytten

7 Hedlo

8 Liseth

9 Rembesdalsseter

finish : 10 Finse (august 6)

In particular I´m searching for information on the route between Kvanntjørnsbu and Tyssevassbu. According to the DNT-website there is a direct route from Kvanntjørnsbu to Reinaskor. On my map I cannot find this route however. Is there anyone who has a description, coordinats, ... ? Same question for the route between Reinaskor en Tyssevassbu. According to DNT the route is marked but not so on the map. (I use the 1:100.000 turkart of the region)

I currently plan to have 4 days to catch up with the planned route, to enjoy the environment without walking, to wayt for better weather, ....

Suggestions for nice places to walk by, great places to camp, .... and so on are very welcome.

Luk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Annonse

Looks like a great hike, but you should be aware of:

* I don`t think there`s any accomodation at Reinsnos.

* Normally there is a lot of snow in the south-western part of Hardangervidda, which is at least the hike Middalsbu - Tyssevassbu (4 days). The route Reinaskor - Tyssevassbu is marked, but in bad weather (low visibility) you will have problems finding the marked route due to much snow.

*There is a direct route from Kvanntjørnbu to Reinaskorbu (mostly no track, much snow, marked, according to DNT). From Kvanntjørnbu: follow the route towards Mosdalsbu until you`re in the uppermost part of Mosdalen. Go east along Mosaskorane to a small lake, river has to be crossed (no bridge). Steep climb to Langvassfjellet, then E and NE to Langavatnet. From Langavatnet follow route from Mosdalsbu to Reinaskorbu.

We might meet since me and my girlfriend are ending our Blefjell-Hardangervidda hike in Røldal something like July 26th/27th :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I went Tyssevassbu - Reinaskor approx. 13.july last year. Almost no snow at that part of our route. But 2006 had very little snow. This year I believe it is lot of snow in the western Hardangervidda. My route started at Ringedalsvatnet - Ilaklaivsløkane - Vargen - Veivatnet - Onkjelsvatnet - Tyssevassbu - Reinaskor (stayed in tent by Trolltunga) - Ringedalsvatnet. We started 7.july 2006 and spent 8 days in rough weather all the way :wink: But it was worth it 8) And the snow was no problem that year as mentioned, not even when we went off the touristroute by Ilakleivsløkane about 1400 meters high..

Best regards

Kjetil

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

thx for both replies.

the lack of accomodation won't be a problem hence I plan to camp during this trip (with the cabins as backup when the weather is too bad for a longer period).

Given the high snowlevels in the south part of the vidda, would it be wise to change the direction of my trip, walking north to south instead of south to north?

Luk

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.