Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Lomsdal-Visten juli 2021

tian

Anbefalte innlegg

Hei! As norway allows vaccinated tourist from the EU to enter the country again beginning from 05. july, my wife and me are planning our summer holiday in Lomsdal-Visten, starting in just about 4 weeks.
We hiked in Rondane, Saltfjellet and from Nikkaluokta to Katterat via Gautelis, so this will not be our first hiking experience in norway but maybe the most trackless of them.
I read some trip reports about this area, but wasn't able to find any gpx track from other hikers for multi day trips, to get a idea how many days we will need to hike there. If we want to do a south/north crossing, can it be done in about 8 or 9 days? Some people starts from Borkamoen, but I read it could also be possible to hire a private boat and enter from Storbørja. How to hire a boat there and how expensive could that be?
Should we head in southern direction from Mosjøen or in northern direction from Tosbotnet? Heading north would allow us to shorten the track and get down to E6 if weather will get bad in the second half of our trip. Flying into Brønnøysund and out of Mosjøen seems to be a good idea, depending of the direction we hike.

Sebastian

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Boat every tuesday and friday from Stugu to Storbørja - https://www.beverlyshill.no/velfjordskyss/

Private boat for hire from Nevernes - Robert Storvik (+47 909 29 374) or Nevernes havn/harbour (+47 995 75 312)

From Børiøyra (close to Storbørja) I would hike the track to Lomsdal. There is a bridge crossing Titningdalselva. From Lomsdalen you have to find a route to Mosjøen. There is an unmarked bridge crossing Nedre Grunnvasselva (you really want to find this bridge) - N65.4707203 E12.9295442 - https://norgeskart.no/#!?project=norgeskart&layers=1003&zoom=16&lat=7262484.42&lon=404095.71&markerLat=7262484.422756323&markerLon=404095.70917540294&panel=searchOptionsPanel&sok=Nedre Grunnvasselva

It's a very demanding terrain off track in Lomsdal-Visten, I expect to use twice my average speed compared to other mountain areas. If time runs out, an alternative exit could be to hike down to Eiterådalen and either order a taxi if you get cell signal or walk to Trofors train staion.

I belive it's possible to do this in 8-9 days, also if you start from Tosbotn which is one day extra. From Tosbotn I would hike the new track from the new parking lot  at Masterdalen nearby road 76. Then you follow the track which leads between Øvre Breivatnet and Midtre Breivatnet, then you walk off track down to Nedre Breivatnet and down to Lomsdalen. By the east side of Nedre Breivatnet  there is an open wood/turf shelter. https://lomsdalvisten.wordpress.com/2014/07/12/gammerestaurering/

https://norgeskart.no/#!?project=norgeskart&layers=1002&zoom=13&lat=7257877.04&lon=402000.91&sok=Lauvvasselva&markerLat=7257877.038144149&markerLon=402000.9105363463&panel=searchOptionsPanel

As you seem to know, Lomsdal-Visten is a rarely used mountain area with a minimum of tracks and bridges and a lot of slippery steep slopes/hills. A good map in 1:50 000 scale and the knowledge to read the terrain is crucial to cross this mountains.

I attach my gpx track from a hike to the Vistkjerringa mountain if you need an exit down to Eiterådalen.

vistkjerringa_i_vevelstad.gpx

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

graham skrev (9 timer siden):

Boat every tuesday and friday from Stugu to Storbørja - https://www.beverlyshill.no/velfjordskyss/

Private boat for hire from Nevernes - Robert Storvik (+47 909 29 374) or Nevernes havn/harbour (+47 995 75 312)

We need a ride on a monday and there will be no bus to Nevernes on that day. Hope we will find someone from Hommelstø who could bring us there that day, as a bus would stop in that village.

graham skrev (10 timer siden):

From Børiøyra (close to Storbørja) I would hike the track to Lomsdal. There is a bridge crossing Titningdalselva. From Lomsdalen you have to find a route to Mosjøen. There is an unmarked bridge crossing Nedre Grunnvasselva (you really want to find this bridge) - N65.4707203 E12.9295442 - https://norgeskart.no/#!?project=norgeskart&layers=1003&zoom=16&lat=7262484.42&lon=404095.71&markerLat=7262484.422756323&markerLon=404095.70917540294&panel=searchOptionsPanel&sok=Nedre Grunnvasselva

The Bridge is marked in this map https://lomsdalvisten.no/innfallsporter/ there is also listed if huts/shelters are locked or open for public. I guess these huts don't need any kind of reservation if they aren't locked?

graham skrev (10 timer siden):

As you seem to know, Lomsdal-Visten is a rarely used mountain area with a minimum of tracks and bridges and a lot of slippery steep slopes/hills. A good map in 1:50 000 scale and the knowledge to read the terrain is crucial to cross this mountains.

I attach my gpx track from a hike to the Vistkjerringa mountain if you need an exit down to Eiterådalen.

vistkjerringa_i_vevelstad.gpx 350 kB · 1 Last ned

Which map can you recommend? I was only able to find the Lomsdal Visten Norge-serien Turkart map, which doesn't cover the whole are to Mosjøen, so two Maps will be necessary.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

tian skrev (10 timer siden):

I guess these huts don't need any kind of reservation if they aren't locked?

That's right, they aren't locked, but the cabin in Strompdalen is administered by DNT and might be restricted for booking only due to covid-19.  And I would only use the "potetkjeller/shelter" in Lomsdalen for emergency use, it's a moist and dark hole in the ground...

tian skrev (10 timer siden):

Which map can you recommend? I was only able to find the Lomsdal Visten Norge-serien Turkart map, which doesn't cover the whole are to Mosjøen, so two Maps will be necessary.

Yes, two maps will be necessary, my preference would be the same, Lomsdal-Visten (a.k.a Vistfjellan) and Mosjøen maps in the Nordeca Norge-serien.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Private boat for two to Børiøyra will cost almost the same than the regular boat two times a week (~1000NOK)

I found a lot GPX tracks http://tema.webatlas.no/turkarthelgeland# for Lomsdal-Visten area. Not sure how usefull they will be, but if someone used the trek before, we know that there could be a possibility to walk there, too.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

tian skrev (På 22.6.2021 den 10.25):

If we want to do a south/north crossing, can it be done in about 8 or 9 days?

Yes it is possible, but whatever you do in this time a year the rivercrossing might be a problem. 

I will suggest you start from Borkamoen in Tosbotn. Use the new startingpoint from there and hike via bjørnstokkvatnan and then go on the east side of Breivatnan. The next problem might be in Henriksdalen, but crossing here is also possible.

I was in Lomsdal area a few weeks back and there is not much snow so the rivers might be ok anyway... 

How do you plan to go to Mosjøen? The Vistenfjellet might be a problem, because there is a lots of ups and down and very special terrain.. Might need to go down to Fjellgården - open hut..

Any way possible in that timeframe, and also possible to go to Bønå farm and get a boat from there..

Did you check this map?https://www.kartbutikken.no/lomsdal-visten-norge-serien-turkart

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kjell Iver skrev (8 timer siden):

How do you plan to go to Mosjøen? The Vistenfjellet might be a problem, because there is a lots of ups and down and very special terrain.. Might need to go down to Fjellgården - open hut..

I read some trip reports where people went down to Fjellgården, then going throught Fjellskardelva, Nordfjellet, along Gardsjordet, Fjellskardet down to Mosjøen. But what if weather will be good, isn't it possible to hike through Storvassfjellet and skip the hut? terrain doesn't look to bad on the map.

Any way possible in that timeframe, and also possible to go to Bønå farm and get a boat from there..

As our return flight departs from Mosjøen it would be a serious deturn to end our hike in Bønå, but good to know that people are living there and this could be a exit, just in case.

I ordered this map yesterday and I will print the missing part to Mosjøen by myself.

You recommend to start in Borkamoen because it's worth to hike this part, or just because to avoid the cost for the boat? We often went to Norway, but never drove with a boat into a Fjord. Even this isn't a long journey I wouldn't avoid this boat trip jut because of the price.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

tian skrev (14 minutter siden):

I read some trip reports where people went down to Fjellgården, then going throught Fjellskardelva, Nordfjellet, along Gardsjordet, Fjellskardet down to Mosjøen. But what if weather will be good, isn't it possible to hike through Storvassfjellet and skip the hut? terrain doesn't look to bad on the map

Yes no problem at all. You need to go over the summit of Storvassfjellet - and then the Vistenfjellet. Just be aware that there is a T marked route over the Vistenfjellet. If you pass there in the fog and decide to go down to fjellgården there is markings down the mountain. Dependent of the snow it is kind of rugged.

It is nice to walk out through Sørvassdalen and fjellskardet to Mosjøen. When you arrive there you'll come to a area where they are driving windturbines into the mountains there now.

tian skrev (24 minutter siden):

You recommend to start in Borkamoen because it's worth to hike this part, or just because to avoid the cost for the boat? We often went to Norway, but never drove with a boat into a Fjord. Even this isn't a long journey I wouldn't avoid this boat trip jut because of the price.

If you arrive in Brønnøysund you could take the bus to Mosjøen and jump off wherever you like, but if you decide to use boat - the boat starts at Beverlys Hill, if you decide to use them. They are pro's and have all insurances and safetycourses and stuff. Just call them - they might pick you up in Brønnøysund - or you could take a taxi there. It is not so many kilometers to their pier and you do not need to go all the way to Nevernes.

I think a boat trip and a hike is an easier start than Borkamoen. But the route you are planning does not include any big lakes or open landscapes with big lakes - like Elgvidda, or Breivatnan. There is a lot of options... 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.