Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Hiking in Romsdal

Stephen Mac

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi there. I will be arriving in Andalsnes on June 18th from Ireland for a 10 day hiking trip in the area. I will be arriving quite late 19.30 and I am wondering is it possible to buy a gas canister for my primus stove and would it be possible to also buy a map of the area. Would the local petrol station have maps and gas??. Are all the shops closed then or will they be open on Sunday morning??. I can if necessary bring an old petrol burning stove but I would prefer the Primus gas one. I am completely flexible about what to do as I have never been to Norway before so it will all be new. I am a competent scrambler and I have a fair bit of Alpine experience but as I will be on my own I will limited as to what I can do. What map is best for hiking??. I will be carrying my tent and food etc so I am hoping for some great wild-camping experiences. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for writing in English but I don't have any Norwegian. Many thanks, Stephen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

A lot of sport retail shops in Norway carry gas canisters, however they close quite early saturdays and are closed on sundays (like most shops in Norway). I am not sure if gas canisters will be possible to buy at petrol stations (which usually are open evenings and sundays). If there are any campsite/caravan sites nearby they also might carry them. I guess you'll be arriving by train from Oslo? In that case I would buy the gas canisters in Oslo. As a backup the first few days you could bring a small alcohol stove like a penny stove. Denatured alcohol is widely available at petrol stations, or you could bring a small bottle from home.

Den Norske Turistforening (Norwegian Trekking Association) is a good place to find information about hiking in Norway. The link will provide general information, but also information about maps and where to buy them (online).

Enjoy your trip!

Endret av Prebb
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We usually use a petrol stove. To that you can always buy fuel at petrol stations. If you are lucky they have clean petrol, otherwise unleaded car petrol. The latter soots your stove and gives it frequent hiccups.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The local Esso gas station in Åndalsnes have gas canisters. The Esso station is located close to the interconnection between 64 and E136, so its a bit away from the train station if you arrive with train, but it's enroute to the mountains if you want to go walking on the souther side of Åndalsnes.

I do believe that they have maps for the area there. They will probably also have maps at the local camping site: http://www.andalsnes-camping.net/

You can print your own maps from this webpage: http://www.norgeskart.no/turkart/?_ga=1.40132321.2115368931.1441953616#8/126947/6956319

There are so many things you can do in Romsdal, so it's hard to begin, basically, you can just start walking in just about any direction, and you will find many good places to go.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.