Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Has anyone any experience with Tarptent.

cliff

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi i was wondering if anyone on this forum has had any experience with tarptents scarp 2?

I am looking for a tent for summer use in the mountains around numedal and extending areas. I like the idea of two entries. If i remember right i have read some were on the forum about tarptent.

My requiments are a light reliable tent with a little room for mostly one person hiking and fishing trips.

Budget around about 3000nok.

I was wondering if any one has personal experience with artic alpine designs veloce?

Any answer is much appriceated.

Mvh cliff

Feel free to answer på norsk.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Jeg har ikke testet Scarp 2, og hvis det er den utgaven jeg har sett på tidligere, kan vel denne knapt kalles tarptent? Mulig du sikter til en annen modell....

Jeg har erfaring med Zpacks sine Hexamid Tarptent, og er veldig fornøyd med det på tur. Naturligvis en del luftigere enn Scarp 2, men gir også mer nærvær med naturen etter min smak. Hvis det er denne typen tarptent du er ute etter, kan jeg anbefale Zpacks på det varmeste. De har flere modeller som passer ditt budsjett :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello!

I have owned Tarptent Scarp 1. It's a very nice tent. I bought it because of the two vestibules, it's lightnes and wind stability. It is quite roomy for one person, so the Scarp 2 should be pure luxury for one and plentifull for two. The vestibules are not very large, but if you keep your gear in one, the other one is large enough for cooking, if you clip down the inner a little bit. I bought mine with a solid inner. I would recomend that in the Norwegian mountains.

I sold mine but still use Tarptent. I bought stratospire 1 to save som weight, get roomier vestibules and a little bit more roof height.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi tjernivar

Thanks for the reply. Seems you have bought a second tarptent i asume you are happy with the materials used and the construction and the quality of the tent.

Part of the reason i have looked at tarptent is because of the double entries.

How does the stratos hold up to the norwegain climate?

mvh Cliff

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The stratospire 1 really holds up well in Norwegian summer mountains. It is supprisingly quiet in strong winds. More so than my Exped Venus II extreme wich has way more guyout points. I guess that is mostly because of the  poles, wich make a really strong structure.  I own the vesion with a solid inner. 

I have also owned tarptent Notch (to small for me and my dog), and I own Stratospire 2, so yes, I am happy with the quality of the tents. The pitch-lock corners really are genious.

It is worth to mention that the tents are almost free from smart details. No zipper pulls, useable pockets and so on. That would probably be cons for some.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi, I'm at work right now, but I'll give you a rather thorough review on the Arctic Alpine Design Veloce soon... short version is that is has a few issues, but I am still very satisfied with the tent. I'll give you my pros and cons in a while!

/F.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ok, let's go...

I bought my Arctic Alpine Design Veloce about a month ago so I've only slept in it for a few nights, but my first thoughts are that I'm more than satisfied with it! Like every other tent it has its up- and downsides, but all in all it fits my needs and demands very well. 

PROS:

- Light weight (weighs in at aprx 1,7kg - rep.kit and all pegs).

- Easy to pitch (I pitch it easily, all pegs and guy lines, in <5min alone).

- Fly sheet and inner pitched together.

- Small pack volume (I pack mine in a 8L stuff sack without effort, it could probably fit in to a 5-6L with more compression (I pack the pole and pegs separately)).

- Tent foot end leans outwards making it easier to avoid pressing your sleeping bag against. The tent 'head end' is pretty steep as well, so I didn't experience any trouble lying comfortably.

-Spacious inside - I'm 186cm with a tall back and I use a thick sleeping mat, but I can still sit upright inside the tent without problem.

-Inner tent door in mesh, providing good ventilation.

CONS:

- The vent in the foot end of the inner tent has no mosquito net - you can only have it open in the non-mosquito season.

- Only one vestibule, a vestibule that some people could find a bit too small.

- Low water proof specs - floor only has 2000mm PU Nylon. (But, from what I've read on other forums there's nothing to worry about - it's more a matter of different ways to measure the 'xx millimeter water proofness'.

- The small poles at the foot end of the tent are hard to remove - I used several minutes the first time I 'unpitched' it (what's it called in English?!?) just to get those short poles out...

- The tent is delivered with only 6 v-pegs and 8 titanium skewer pegs. That's all you need to pitch the tent, ok, but I would have liked more of them to give me some more choices.

Well, those are my conclusions so far. I admit that I have fallen in love with the the Veloce, so I guessyou should go easy on my answer since I Iook at the tent with coloured eyes... ;) You wrote btw that it's ok for us to answer in norwegian - if you're just as comfortable in reading Swedish I recommend you to read this post on the Swedish forum 'Utsidan':

http://www.utsidan.se./forum/showthread.php?t=74321

Well, that was my 5 øre. Feel free to ask some questions if there's anything you're wondering of.

/F.

(",)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello!

I have owned Tarptent Scarp 1. It's a very nice tent. I bought it because of the two vestibules, it's lightnes and wind stability. It is quite roomy for one person, so the Scarp 2 should be pure luxury for one and plentifull for two. The vestibules are not very large, but if you keep your gear in one, the other one is large enough for cooking, if you clip down the inner a little bit. I bought mine with a solid inner. I would recomend that in the Norwegian mountains.

I sold mine but still use Tarptent. I bought stratospire 1 to save som weight, get roomier vestibules and a little bit more roof height.

I have also been considering Scarp1 as a solo tent. I have never seen any of the Tarptents in real life, but from what I have read about it, it looks very tempting. The tent will mostly been used in summer season above the tree line. By looking at their web site, it looks like Stratospire and Momonet DW also are good options that are a little lighter. Can you say some more about the pro / cons of Scarp vs Stratospire for usage above tree line in sumer (autumn)?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi tjernivar

I like the fact that they work with the kiss (keep it simple stupid) method less things to go wrong. I had taken a little look at the stratos and it looks like a nice tent and you say it's larger than the scarp. Thats intresting. Some thing else to think about.

I would only think about the solid interior if i ever bought one.

Thanks for the info it has been alot of help.

mvh cliff.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi frwe

Thanks for your comprehensive review and your 50 øre is worth alot. I only know about this tent because of some of your replies to post on the forum. So this has thrown a curv ball in my decision espically if it is possible to buy it for 1900sek thats a good deal.

mvh cliff

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...

Ok, let's go...

I bought my Arctic Alpine Design Veloce about a month ago so I've only slept in it for a few nights, but my first thoughts are that I'm more than satisfied with it! Like every other tent it has its up- and downsides, but all in all it fits my needs and demands very well. 

PROS:

- Light weight (weighs in at aprx 1,7kg - rep.kit and all pegs).

- Easy to pitch (I pitch it easily, all pegs and guy lines, in <5min alone).

- Fly sheet and inner pitched together.

- Small pack volume (I pack mine in a 8L stuff sack without effort, it could probably fit in to a 5-6L with more compression (I pack the pole and pegs separately)).

- Tent foot end leans outwards making it easier to avoid pressing your sleeping bag against. The tent 'head end' is pretty steep as well, so I didn't experience any trouble lying comfortably.

-Spacious inside - I'm 186cm with a tall back and I use a thick sleeping mat, but I can still sit upright inside the tent without problem.

-Inner tent door in mesh, providing good ventilation.

CONS:

- The vent in the foot end of the inner tent has no mosquito net - you can only have it open in the non-mosquito season.

- Only one vestibule, a vestibule that some people could find a bit too small.

- Low water proof specs - floor only has 2000mm PU Nylon. (But, from what I've read on other forums there's nothing to worry about - it's more a matter of different ways to measure the 'xx millimeter water proofness'.

- The small poles at the foot end of the tent are hard to remove - I used several minutes the first time I 'unpitched' it (what's it called in English?!?) just to get those short poles out...

- The tent is delivered with only 6 v-pegs and 8 titanium skewer pegs. That's all you need to pitch the tent, ok, but I would have liked more of them to give me some more choices.

Well, those are my conclusions so far. I admit that I have fallen in love with the the Veloce, so I guessyou should go easy on my answer since I Iook at the tent with coloured eyes... ;) You wrote btw that it's ok for us to answer in norwegian - if you're just as comfortable in reading Swedish I recommend you to read this post on the Swedish forum 'Utsidan':

http://www.utsidan.se./forum/showthread.php?t=74321

Well, that was my 5 øre. Feel free to ask some questions if there's anything you're wondering of.

/F.

(",)

Hvor mye betalte du i frakt for teltet?

Flott beskrivelse forresten. Fikk meget lyst på teltet, venter på at det skal komme på tilbud igjen.

Har du testet teltet i litt vind? Jeg ville egentlig kjøpe Ringstind Light, men styrer unna etter en del kritikk pga. at ytterduken blafrer i vind.

Vh.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jeg kjøpte det till fullpris (2795sek), så bestilte jeg det hjem til en kollega som pendler fra Sverige så frakten ble 0kr... ;-) det var for øvrig første gang som teltet var på tilbud, så du blir nok ventende en god stund før det skjer igjen :-/ jeg mener nå uansett at originalprisen også er et røverkjøp...

Og nei, foreløpig har jeg bare opplevd godvær, så blafring kan jeg ikke uttale meg om - men jeg vet at det er ganske lett å sette opp teltet tight og fint, så det burde ikke være noe større problem der enn med andre telt. Bare jeg kommer meg på pc'n hjemme så kan jeg poste noen bilder på en stram oppsetning.

/F.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.