Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Telemark ski kurs

Jut

Anbefalte innlegg

Hei alle sammen,

My Norwegian is not good enough so I hope it's ok that I'm writing in English :).

I'm looking for a course where I will be introduced to Nordic skiing and outdoor life in the wintertime. I know that there's a friluftsliv study in Bø i Telemark, but that will take me 5/6 months and is for that reason too expensive. It will be a complete semester, including other courses. I'm just interested in the skiing and friluftsliv elements. So maybe one of you can help me out :)

A course that includes something like:

• trip planning
  • Knowledge about how to recognize avalanche terrain, snowpack, search and rescue in avalanche terrain
  • orienteering 
  • how to find and establishing a campsite in the forest and mountains.
  • Be able to establishing a campsite, setting up a tent, lean to shelter and snow caves in the winter
  • use of map and compass
  • Different technical skills connected to ski touring with a backpack
  • Be able to participate in search and rescue in an avalanche 
  •  

I hope someone can help me! I speak a little bit Norwegian, but not enough yet to understand a conversation or instructions. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Hi :-) Were do you live? A good idea is to contact the local DNT group. They do have courses, but you can also join them on different trips (open for all) to build up your experience. There you will also get to know a lot of outdoor people, so it is a nice place to get new friends, that  also can teach you stuff :-) 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I see your current location is in the Netherlands?

What about getting in touch with other from netherlands via similar forums like Fjellforum? I have met several people from the Netherlands during the winter in DNT cabins that are exploring the norwegian mountains. Or you might find someone from Norway who you can join on a trip or something for a week or two?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Hvitserk have some intensive courses which cover a large part of what you are asking about, but I assume it's usually in norwegian. Perhaps some of the courses are offered in english as well? Doesn't hurt to ask.

Only four days might be a bit more intensive than what you were aiming for..? How about extending the four days with a trip afterwards?

Google translate this page: http://www.hvitserk.no/turer/egne/vintertur-kurs-pa-finse/#/forside/

How are your skiing skills by the way? I assume the course above might require some prior knowledge of skiing. Perhaps a stop in Oslo (or some other place) before leaving for Finse? A lot of different skiing courses in/around Oslo.

(I would personally have worked at the orienteering basics using map and compass in more familiar terrain. No need for difficult winter conditions in order to obtain more general orienteering skills.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sounds good. I just send them an e-mail. Making trips afterwards is a good possability, as long as you have someone to come with you ;).

I'm a good downhill skier (have been skiing since I was three years old), but I have never been on telemark- or tourski's... 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Unfortunately, I don't think Norway would be my suggested destination if your goal is to achieve maximum value for money. Norway is a very expensive country, and my best guess is that you will save a lot of money if you take a course like the one on the link underneath instead. Also, I think the most experienced teachers for that kind of education here in Norway will suffer from language problems if asked to teach in English, and that will probably be a lot better in the Alps where they hang out with foreigners all the time.

http://www.austria.info/uk/winter-holidays-austria/free-ski-course-1569244.html

I had the pleasure of visiting the submarine base in Den Helder a couple of years ago, when working with technical design for a supplier to the Dutch submarine navy. I have to say, the interest for, and the knowledge about skiing in Norway shown from the Dutch marine personell really impressed me. So I am not surprised that we see Dutch profiles on this website, seems just natural from my experience. Maybe you should consider to join the army, Jut?  :)

If you still would prefer to visit Norway for learning more about your interests, I guess a lot of the user profiles on this forum will be capable to show you around for free. Lots of knowledge, and lots of nice people here. Just make a note about the most suitable places you would prefer to visit, and I am sure we will see volunteers lining up.  ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.