Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Helsport Storsylen 2+

Spruce

Anbefalte innlegg

hy,

Anyone here who has the storsylen 2+ in use?

would be fine, if someone could post some pictures of the tents inner with gear inside in order to get an idea how much space the storsylen provides, there are hardly pictures of the tent's inside especially with sleeping bags/mats and stuff like that.

the 360° view on the helsport website isnt very helpful.

- i'm 189cm tall, is 220cm inside length a problem?

- what is the ready to go weight of the tent? according to different sources its about 2,8kg +/- 10% and 0,2 kg for the pegs. So means something around 3kg..isnt it?

- how does the shifted front/backside ventilation work?

thanks so far

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

I think the helsport tent descriptions seem to fit the actual life-size description.

I also guess you have seen this already,

Grunnriss%20Storsylen%202.png

I have the fjellheimen x-trem 2 camp, and as you can see on the schematics the persons look kinda close to each other.

But even with full tent ( two persons ), mats and sleeping bags we use the multi-fuel burner in the middel (chest area)

fjellheimen_xtrem2.jpg

So in my opinion, with me being 6'3" i think a 2+ tent, would fit just right. I know for a fact, that the helsport staff in trondheim are very helpfull. Maybe you could send them an e-mail or call them. :)

They helped me out when i was cought between a rock and a hard place due to some tent issues.

Good luck.

oh, and by the way, if you're in Hamar or Lillestrøm during "villmarksmessen" expo, Helsport got tent stands there

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Indeed, i've seen the schematics allready, but i doubt that the inner length dimenions correspond to the usable 'real-life' dimensons as it happens mostly among dome/hybrid constructions such as the storsylen.

therefore it would be very useful, to get some first hand impressions, ideally with some pictures.

and you cant compare a semi dome/hybride construction with a tunnel with its inner length dimensions, a tunnel provides always more space than a dome/hybrid construction.

so much for theory. but i've heard somewhere, helsport tents are often generous in space compared to some other tent manufactors

maybe i could have a gawp at the tent somewhere, unfortunatelly there is no helsport dealer in my hometown, which is outside norway by the way

so long,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...

- i'm 189cm tall, is 220cm inside length a problem?

- what is the ready to go weight of the tent? according to different sources its about 2,8kg +/- 10% and 0,2 kg for the pegs. So means something around 3kg..isnt it?

- how does the shifted front/backside ventilation work?

thanks so far

Dont know what feels like a problem to you, but your sleepingbag head and feet will touch the canvas. Personally I dont like it too much, 

My guess on weight is 100-300g above 3kg.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tent is new this year so I guess few people have bouhgt it yet.

yes its "quite" new, but has already been available since march 2012.

but your sleepingbag head and feet will touch the canvas

exactly that could be a problem, especially in wet conditions and if bearing up some really bad weather for a longer period.
i asked the helsport dealer in my country, an they said, 20cm above the ground, the inside lenght is about 185cm..so i think the canvas would cover my face from time to time.. ;)
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have a similar tent, free standing dome. Though are walls a little steeper and inside lenght is 229cm.

Thats works fine for me. Im 187cm and use a 7cm air matress mostly. My bag dont touch the iner tent. Only times I touch it is when sleeping on my stomach and have one arm laid above my head(summer use only). Have not tested Storsylen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

kaitum2, great tent, only lacks mosquito net on vestibule ventilation openings

thanks for the hint! a friend of mine has the kaitum 3, quite an impressing tent. but i broke up with hilleberg so far ( at least untill theyre not very convincing arguments)

..and i want a freestanding construction, at leat the major part of the tent

I have a similar tent, free standing dome. Though are walls a little steeper and inside lenght is 229cm.

Thats works fine for me. Im 187cm and use a 7cm air matress mostly. My bag dont touch the iner tent. Only times I touch it is when sleeping on my stomach and have one arm laid above my head(summer use only). Have not tested Storsylen.

which tent?

dont say its a hilleberg..i'm desperated enough ;)

im thinking also about a terra nova superlite quasar, which cut down 500g on weight compared to storsylen and my old tent.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Its a Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2. Bought from US.

Its similar in construction but its much lighter and more a summer/3 season tent than Storsylen. My all year tent is Big Agnes String Ridge 2. Also dome style but has vestibule at end istead of sides. Same length but a little wider.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.