Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Last minute change of plan. Swapping Hardangervidda for...

Joe

Anbefalte innlegg

So the plan was for friends from Germany and Spain to visit me in Bergen, take our packrafts and hike/paddle across Hardangervidda for eight days next week.

With all the snow, reports of difficult trail conditions and deep river crossings we are starting to think that maybe this trip, this year, in these conditions, might be a bit too much Type 2 Fun (not fun at the time but fun reliving it afterwards) for our summer holiday...

With this in mind does anyone have suggestions of another area that we could hike/paddle for a week or so and that is also accesible by train/bus from Bergen?

Regards

Joe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Hi. I can strongly recomend the "Etnefjella" area. You can easily take the Haukeliekspressen from Bergen. There will probably be a bit more walking than padling, depending on your route, There is also lot of cabins, so you can take a night or two indoor if you want to.

If you want a spectacular route, you can start from a place called Skare, pretty close to Odda. (The buss will pass this point). Then you can walk up to a cabin called Sauabrehytta. This is located Close to the Folgefonna glacier, so the view from the cabin is great. From this point, you can find your own way down to the Åkerfjorden. There is no path, and steep terain, but I guess you will find an okay route. You can easily cross the fjord with your rafts, After crossing the fjord, there is several places to get into the mountains again, but I recomend the path along the big "Langfoss" waterfall. From this point, you can go walk or paddle were ever you want. Good paths, nice cabins.

If you want, I can give you some photos from the route :-) This trip will give you a glacier, fjords, and normal west coast mountains, all in one package :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.