Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Gas at filling stations

ye.sapr

Anbefalte innlegg

I heard that gas in Norway is available in shops at filling stations.

The question is - how long do they work in the evening?

Do any of them work 24 hours?

Can gas be bought in Gardermoen? What if I get there in the evening?

The same question about Otta, Bismo and Stryn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Sorry, but I have the dumb today. Do you mean gas as in gasoline, or gas as in prophane or similar? The fillingstations/gasolinestations are open usually 24/7 here in norway, and there are some near Gardermoen if I am not mistaken.

I am not quite sure if you can buy Prophane canisters at the stations tho. But you get 5, 3 and 1-liter canisters of white-gasoline.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This will not be a problem; you will get hold of the gas.

Look for G-sport, Intersport, Sport1 Jernia, Biltema, ClasOhlson, Jula; all of this will have this canisters.

How are you planning on getting from Gardemoen to Stryn?

If you need to be 100% sure, http://www.gsport.no...ikker/Stryn-AS/ , call and make arrangements.

At Skjåk/Bismo I do not think you will find a dedicated sportingods store, so to be sure you should stop at Otta or Vinstra.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This will not be a problem; you will get hold of the gas.

Look for G-sport, Intersport, Sport1 Jernia, Biltema, ClasOhlson, Jula; all of this will have this canisters.

How are you planning on getting from Gardemoen to Stryn?

If you need to be 100% sure, http://www.gsport.no...ikker/Stryn-AS/ , call and make arrangements.

At Skjåk/Bismo I do not think you will find a dedicated sportingods store, so to be sure you should stop at Otta or Vinstra.

You will also find Sport1 in Lom, between Otta and Skjåk.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you for your answers!

We plan to get to Stryn from Gardemoen by direct bus - Nordfjordexpressen.

And also we'd like to get in time on bus to Loen, that is at 9.30.

So, I think, 24-hour shops on filling stations can be more useful for us.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I don't think you will find 24-hour petrol stations in Otta, Bismo, Stryn area, most of them are only open during daytime. But within a couple of km from Gardermoen airport, you will absolutely find them.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

Norwegian gas stations today are spesialists on all kind of fast food and other things you do not need for your car, but some of them do sell Gas. They have filling stations for camping containers, or they just take the empty one and give you a full one. Just look for a sign outside saying GAS or PROPAN.

To get the small disposeable containers for your primus sove I think it will be safest to try a shop selling sport- or outdoor equipment, but some of the bigger Statoil stations might have what you need.

Typical gas station about 1960

bensinstasjon_web.jpg

Typical gas station about 2010

Statoil-Raufoss-0207.jpg-for-web.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I very much doubt that you will be able to get gas at Gardermoen or immediate surroundings. The airport just has regular snack bars etc, and is situated well away from filling stations and other stores. If you're planning to take a bus out of Stryn at 9.30 I assume you're taking the overnight bus that leaves Gardermoen at 11 in the evening and arrives at Stryn at 6 in the morning? Most long-distance buses have a few longer stops on the way, by filling stations or similar, but I wouldn't count on being able to buy gas in the middle of the night in small places.

Depending on your schedule, you could take a taxi (expensive) from Gardermoen to the closest filling station and back before the Express leaves, but I think your best bet is to call G-sport in Stryn, like stormåsen mentioned, and arrange to buy gas before the Loen bus leaves. Tell them you'll be in a hurry and I'm sure they will try to help you. According to the link it normally opens at 9. They may be able to tell you if some other place in Stryn also sells gas and is open earlier.

PS. I checked the Stryn-Loen timetable, and the 9.30 bus doesn't start running until June 1st, just so you know.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...

I don't think you will find 24-hour petrol stations in Otta, Bismo, Stryn area, most of them are only open during daytime. But within a couple of km from Gardermoen airport, you will absolutely find them.

I have now found that there actually is a 24-hour petrol station (Statoil) in Otta. Sorry for the wrong information.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.