Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Igjen skaking med fjellski

Anbefalte innlegg

Kjenner jeg blir misunnelig når jeg leser dette, turbo-henrik.

Ville satt pris på å få høre dine erfaringer. Hvor skal dere hen?

Skal til Skeikampen, blir også testing av det meste fra K2, Black Crows, Coreupt, Rossi, Fischer, ++ på alpinsiden.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Annonse
By the way, Giorgio. 1-3 of december im heading up to the mountain with my shop to test all 2012 skis from fischer, rossignol, åsnes, madshus and atomic. If you'd like, i can give you an update when im back, i can test some different skis in your "range" and try skating with them, and then tell you which one i liked the most.

Hi, Henrik,

any news from the front?

Cheers

Giorgio

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi, Henrik,

any news from the front?

Cheers

Giorgio

Hi!

Yes, i have tested some different skis now!

I liked Fischer E89, good both for skating and classic. Quality seems good.

Rossignol BC59 was also nice.

Atomic Mountain BC, a OK ski, but it should have full steel edge in my opinion, it only has 3/4, and the ski don't seem very durable.

Tried both Åsnes Amundsen and Nansen, both did ok but not quite as good as the ones above.

Madshus Voss is not good at all, shit skis.

Used Rottefella BC Manual bindings, conditions were icy crust one day, and 15cm powder the next day.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi!

Yes, i have tested some different skis now!

I liked Fischer E89, good both for skating and classic. Quality seems good.

Rossignol BC59 was also nice.

Atomic Mountain BC, a OK ski, but it should have full steel edge in my opinion, it only has 3/4, and the ski don't seem very durable.

Tried both Åsnes Amundsen and Nansen, both did ok but not quite as good as the ones above.

Used Rottefella BC Manual bindings, conditions were icy crust one day, and 15cm powder the next day.

Thanks a lot, or I'll say in norwegian (I hope), TAKK.

The 60-50-55 seems thus to be the correct limit.

Cheers

Giorgio

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Could you please say a bit more about these skiis and why you don't like them?

I have a pair that has the right spring for my weight (which was quite hard to find!). So far I have less than 10 km with these skiis, so it is a bit early to conclude - but it seems they're very good for my intended use. But then again, I'm more of the "long walk" kind of guy... and I don't really do race skating, only the occational skate kick now and then.

When I bought them I wanted skiis that fit the track but also are not too bad off track. I have another pair of "runner's skiis" for short, intense training trips.

It is always interesting to hear different opinions on equipment, even if your conclusion differs from my own.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Could you please say a bit more about these skiis and why you don't like them?

I have a pair that has the right spring for my weight (which was quite hard to find!). So far I have less than 10 km with these skiis, so it is a bit early to conclude - but it seems they're very good for my intended use. But then again, I'm more of the "long walk" kind of guy... and I don't really do race skating, only the occational skate kick now and then.

When I bought them I wanted skiis that fit the track but also are not too bad off track. I have another pair of "runner's skiis" for short, intense training trips.

It is always interesting to hear different opinions on equipment, even if your conclusion differs from my own.

Hi!

First of all, my opinion in the previous post was based on how the skis performed when skating. I have 3-4 years of experience both using and selling this ski. For a regular user that will use this ski as an all around ski that will fit in tracks and be decent in ungroomed snow, it performs OK. Though i think the core of the ski is too cheap, the wood they use make the ski feel dead, and it is very hard to find a ski that will fit the user both with glide and grip.

For a beater pair of skis, they are great, it is a ski you can use without being afraid of getting some scratches and other damage. It gets the job done, but nothing more.

For the regular user, it is a lot of ski for the money they cost, but if you will use the skis often and over long distances and variable conditions I would consider spending a bit more money and get something like Fischer E89/E99.

The quality is actually pretty good, i can't remember having anyone coming back with a delaminated/broken/other issue pair.

/Henrik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks a lot, the Voss are probably spot on for my intended use, then... :)

(But supplemented with a pair of racing skiis for when I want to race about...)

Like I said, I found a pair with the right spring for my weight, which actually took some time. Don't know much about skating skiis, but for classical skiis having the right amount of spring is very important for how the skiis perform.

Quite a few of my friends use the E99, and have only positive things to say. Their use is quite close to mine.

I can come back with a more detailed description on how the Voss performs after this winter season.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 5 måneder senere...

Hi Volks,

thanks to everybody. I have just purchased Fischer Powerlight for me and my wife, since we almost destroyed our skating skis this winter, doing

XC, Alpine Downhill following the kids, and some offpiste crust skating.

In the future we also will buy an heavier setup, since our old alpine stuff is so old and oxidized that is completely useless.

The skiboots of my wife were transformed into plastic powder just after triing to close the bindings...

I didn't test the same with my gear... :smile:

Thus you'll find more question in future...

Cheers and thanks again

Giorgio

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Great that you got help with doing your choice og skis.

I think you'll be quite happy with the Powerlight-skis.

Would be great to hear about your experiences with the skis when you have tried them for a while.

Of course I'll write a report! I got an amazing help in the forum and the report would just be "fair play" for the netiquette!

Thanks again

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...
  • 4 måneder senere...

Hi, I report here the very first impression of one single ski day on the fischer powerlight.

I've to admit that after years (about 12) of pure XC gear, the first sensation is really ADDICTIVE ! I really do NOT UNDERSTAND any more why I've bought several generation of skating skis.

For the skating part the powerlight are really impressive. Very reactive, torsionally stiff. It is possible to push very hard and reach very high speed. I feared that they could be soft and similar to a dead piece of wood, but actually they are exactly the opposite of that. They are WAY faster than low entry skating skis and similar to high end ones. The steel edges do not slow down; it is possible to be even more powerful in the movement, since the edges bite the hard snow and the stability at high speed is better than with conventional skating skis.

I didn't perceive any impact of the 5 mm sidecut on the ability of going straight during skating action. Also the weight difference (~ 500g for the complete setup) is negligible.

On the other side the downhill control is a totally different experience. The limited, but positive sidecut is there, and the skis turns WAY better than conventional straight skating ski, and even more compared to the competions models that usually are negative side cutted (broader in the center); the latter usually try to correct the parallel turning movement in the sense of forcing to go straight... The steel edge safety sensation is just wonderful after more than ten years of icy snow without them.

On the negative side there is a little more noise in the backseats, because of the steel edges crossing over the other ski and the fact that the boot-binding association is more stressed because it is possible to push hard on the edges. I fear that with my 0.1 ton I'll break boot or binding (I guess binding) rather soon. In that case I'll consider to change to SNS XADV system (the holes in the skis should be compatible).

I'll report more on downhill experience in the next.

Cheers

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.