Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Storebjorn from Leirvassbu to Krossbu

Cosynook

Anbefalte innlegg

Hello guys,

I'm considering a trip to Storebjorn in mid September. Regarding the route from Leirvassbu there might be 2 different routes. One is via Bjornebrean and

the other (also indicated in the Turkart) seems to approach Sandelivbrean. The same for the descent via Smorstabbrean. One route to Boverbrean and another

via Leirbrean more to the north.

Does anybody know about the conditions of the glacier at the moment. Which route is preferable at the moment?

What about the glacier condition at the rocky tower near the summit?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Best regards,

Steffen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

A trip to Storebjørn i september might be difficult. I was at Storebjørn in mid July and i was at Leirvassbu again about 10 days ago.

The trip in july was great. We had good snow condition and an easy trip in clear, blue sky. Went this route from Leirvassbu to Krossbu, via Storebjørn:

1c052379-5501-4126-83cf-f8107d609842.jpg

When i was at Leirvassbu in late august, i asked about conditions to Storebjørn. As i understood, they still had trips up, but was about to stop them for the season. There is a crack that goes across the glacier, almost at the summit. When the snow bridges melts over that crack, it is difficult to cross that area and reach the summit. It does not matter if you come up Smørstabbrean or Bjørnebrean, you will still have to cross that crack. Usually, late august and later is too late for a normal trip to the summit.

I asked one that went up august 20th. Not much snow left. Mostly blue ice.

To cross the glaciers from Leirvassbu to Krossbu, without Storebjørn, should be no problem.

You can call http://leirvassbu.no and ask about conditions and/or guiding to the summit or over to Krossbu.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.