Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

7 day skitur - Finnmarksvidda in March - trouble finding maps

Joe

Anbefalte innlegg

I'm in the planning stages of organising a 7 day skitur in Finnmarksvidda in late March with a Swedish friend. We aim to fly to Alta and then ski for a week, preferably 'off-trail' as much as possible (we have plenty of experience of off-trail travel and my Swedish friend is an ex-army captain). One idea was a kind of semi-circle from Karasjohka to Kautokeino (or the other way around depending on travel connections and prevailing weather).

Apart from a 1:250 000 scale hunting and fishing map I have been unable to find any detailed maps of the area. The staff at Bergen Turlag couldn't find any relevant maps in their stock. Any ideas for sources of maps or routes in this area will be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has any links to trip reports on blogs of people doing a similar trip then that would be really useful too!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Thanks!

When I searched under 'Fiinmarksvidda' on kartbuttiken.no all I got was the aforementioned 1:250 000 'jakt & fiskekart'.

It might be a good choice for some initial planning I guess but I'm pretty sure it'll be nowhere near detailed enough when we're up there, on skis and the sun is going down :)

Does anyone know which 1:50 000 maps I need to cover Karasjohka to Kautokeino?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

type for example "alta" in the search field at this site: http://www.kartbutikken.no/produktlisting.php?kategori=19

then choose "alta finnmark" at the right table. then the maps that cover the area of alta will appear. navigate with the arrows around the map to view a larger area. point at the different squares at the map, and the name of that map will be shown at the left side.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Presuming you are walking in a straight line between Karasjok and Kautokeino, you would need the following m711 (1:50 000) maps:

- 2033-I Káràsjohka

- 2033-IV Iesjohka

- 1933-I Suossjavri

- 1933-II Gal'bajav'ri

- 1933-III Làhpoluoppal

- 1833-II Guodvageaidnu

I've sent you a private message as well (:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.