Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Jotunheimen glaciers alone?

Cosynook

Anbefalte innlegg

Hello guys,

sorry for writing in English!

I'll be in Jotunheimen soon and I plan to do same trips in the vicinity of Memurubu, Spiterstulen and Glitterheim huts.

I'm wondering if it is feasible to cross Vestre Memurubrean, Hellstugubrean, Veobrean and Styggehobrean alone?

I'm experienced on glaciers and I'll carry crampons and ice axe. According to my guide book, these glaciers are not that

crevassed but consist of lots of "water holes". How are the conditions on the ice usually in August? Is there still much snow on it?

Can somebody recommend such a route on these glaciers?

Many thanks and greetings from Germany,

Steffen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Es liegt verhältnismässig ziemlich wenig Schnee auf den Gletschern dieses Jahr. Sie sind alle verhältnissmässig wenig gespaltet, aber ganz spaltenlos sind sie auch nicht. Wasserlöcher gibt es auch, obwohl ich denke jede Mänge ist ein bischen übertrieben. Vor allem Veobrean ist für seine Wasserlöcher bekannt. Du findest vielleicht nicht so viele die dich empfehlen wird auf schneebedekte Gletscher loszumaschieren, aber mit viel Erfahrung gibt es bestimmt schlimmere Sachen den man machen kann. Aber brichst du durch beim alleinegehen bleibst du vielleicht auch unten. Wegen das wenige Schnee, wird zum grossteil die Gletscher schneefrei sein, aber bestimmt nicht ganz. Da wo der Schnee noch liegt sind die Schneebrucken warscheinlich dünner als Normal. Vielleicht ein bischen extra vor sich fühlen mit eine Stock oder ähnliches, und durchgeweichte Nachmittagsschnee vermeiden?

Es bleibt deine Entscheidung, und wenn du Erfahrung besitzt entscheidest du das vielleicht am besten vor Ort.

Memuru- und teilweise Hellstugubrean hat am wenigsten Spalten, Styggehøbrean hat einigen, Veobrean eher mehr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Morten,

thank you for your valueable answer. It helps a lot for planning the trip even if I finally have to decide when I'm there.

Meanwhile I also try to get information regarding possible routes via the ridges. I browsed to your nice websites and found that

it should be possible to cross all the ridge over the Vestre Memurutindane from P2140, over P2280 and finally climb Store

Memurutinden (west summit, 2364m) without serious climbing involved. According to the map it should be possible to continue then

north over P2264 and then on to Veoskardet and down to the Visdalen. Is this a feasible option?

A second option would be thr ridge from Surtningssue north to Styggehobreskardet an down the Styggehobrean. A third option which

supposes to be interesting is the ridge over the Hellstugutindane whether there seems to be a harder section between Store Hellstugutinden

(2345m) and Midtre H. (2339m). Does this ridge consists of climbing harder than grade II? What about the other routes?

Can you give me a recommendation for one of these routes? Is one of them particularly nice or have you another idea?

Best regards,

Steffen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.