Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Steve AdamsEpisode #131 – Suzanne Dixon (Irish Fire)

BOT

Anbefalte innlegg

The Appalachian Trail Conservancy is THE critical component in a healthy trail for hikers, both now and for the future. Suzanne Dixon is the President and CEO of the ATC and in this week’s show, she tells us about the exciting new initiative that the ATC has recently launched.

Suzanne_in_Harpers_Ferry.jpg

Mighty Blue on the Appalachian Trail is lucky to have the first media interview about this initiative, called The Wild East. The poster below will give you some of the flavor of the Wild East and there is a new website specifically about the project.

Wild_East_Appalachian_Trail_poster_2.jpg

Suzanne has worked in conservation for much of her working life and is a passionate advocate of both the ATC and this initiative. Listen to her as she tells us about the Wild East and learn how you can assist in preserving the trail for future generations. Then, to find out more about how you can help, visit www.appalachiantrail.org

Suzanne_beside_a_white_blaze.jpg

Lisa Rana tells us about her recent journey on the strenuous Grafton Loop Trail. If you’d like to see more of this trail, check out the two videos that Lisa has linked us to.

Finally, we have reached the last few chapters of The Year We Seized the Day, by Elizabeth Best and Colin Bowles. I hope that you enjoyed hearing me and my lovely niece Laura over the past few months. When I return from this year’s attempt on the Appalachian Trail I’ll be reading Paul Stutzman’s great book–a personal favorite of mine–Hiking Through: One Man’s Journey to Peace and Freedom on the Appalachian Trail.  

View the full article

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.