Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Resque service and foreigners in Norway

ye.sapr

Anbefalte innlegg

I have read that resque service is free in Norway, including helicopter evacuation. In case of norwegian citizens all is clear - they pay their taxes in Norway. What about the case of foreigners that need resque? No doubt that foreigner also will be saved. Question is - who will pay the bills? My assumption is - insurance company have to pay bills for resque of foreigner. But I dont know exactly, how it happens in reality. Does anybody know anythig about it?

Maybe, there is some standard procedure of interaction between rescue service and insurance company in this case?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Hi. As far as I know, the Norwegian rescue service will rescue you for free, no matter if you are a tourist, or a Norwegian. BUT, if you have done very bad decisions regarding your own safety you can be held responsible. It is extremely rare that someone have to pay. Listen to the locals, check the weather and be sure you have the skills and equipment to do what you are planing to do :-)

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have read that resque service is free in Norway, including helicopter evacuation. In case of norwegian citizens all is clear - they pay their taxes in Norway. What about the case of foreigners that need resque? No doubt that foreigner also will be saved. Question is - who will pay the bills? My assumption is - insurance company have to pay bills for resque of foreigner. But I dont know exactly, how it happens in reality. Does anybody know anythig about it?

Maybe, there is some standard procedure of interaction between rescue service and insurance company in this case?

The service will be for free, as long as it is necesary. The limt for what is necesary is wide. You will be picked up with only a twisted knee.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The rescue service is organized with both professionals(that's hired and on salary) and volunteer organizations. In that way, when you need help, no one will ask for your credit card or insurance information. If, and only if, it turns out that you where behaving reckless or in contrast to local advice, information and better knowledge, you may be held responsible for the bill. Or at least some of it.

I myself is a member of a volunteer SAR group, and when someone needs help we do not question payment or any reckless behavior leading to the emergency. :)

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The resque service might drop you of at the hospital, and the only time you need an insurance is when you leave the hospital after treatment. Normaly a standard travel insurance wil cover the expences, but it might be wise to read all the papers that coms wit the insurance. Insurance companies in different countries might see things very different.

Example:

A friend of mine lives in Norway but is from Sweeden. He wanted to have an insurance for his sailing boat. In Norway he must pay extra for having the boat on the water during the winter, but he do not need to pay anything extra for sailing his boat across the north sea to GB. The sweedish incurance company said that winter was ok, but they would not cover anything if he tryed to cross the north sea.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Phone number of rescue service is 112, am I right? Are there any different numbers for specific areas?

If you call 112 from a landline og cellphone, you will get the police. The police are responsible for rescue coordination, so yes that is correct.

If you call from a satelite telephone, you will need a full international number. If you look at the homepage for the joint rescue coordination center you will get the phone numbers you need: http://www.hovedredningssentralen.no/english/index.asp

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

911 and (if available) Emergancy Call from a cell phone will also be routed to the police. Like 112.

112 is also working from cell phones without a SIM card and also from all networks including those you are not normally allowed to use.

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.