Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Lyngen Alps, a few questions

JeroenBouman

Anbefalte innlegg

I'm planning a nice trip in the Lyngen Alps in the first 2 weeks of August, and I have a few question that I hope some of you can answer.

Complete route (roughly):

1.jpg

Question 1; on the map below, part A seems like a very steep slope. My book says 'stay around 450m. height' but also that it is covered with grass and if it's wet, forget it. Is it doable? I'm NOT as tough as you Vikings :wink:

Question 2; I have to cross the mouth of the Strupbreen-glacier (see part B on the map). I just want to know if Strupbreen is indeed aper (snow-free) and if it has many (deep) crevasses because I am going SOLO, and have no experience on glaciers. I will bring an ice pick and crampons. Should I bring ice screws, descender, rope etc. (I have a basic experience with this equipment)? Or am I stupid to try alone?

Question 3; Are there any lakes or rivers on this route that are good for fishing?

All tips and comments are very welcome!

2.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Question 1: You will handle part A. Wet grass ot not. Vinking or not.

Just as you know: In the valley, Strupskardet, there is only scree and I mean only. You can not even find a place for your tent. You have to camp near Jægervatnet and then perhaps not before you have passed the glacier. If the scree is wet it can be an interesting trip.

Question 2: I heard about a guy how crossed the glacier and i think he only used an ice pick and crampons.

Question 3: I think the fishing is bad and if there is any fish at all, the head might be the bigest part of it.

The Lyngen Alps is great. Enjoy your stay, and if you got bad luck with the weather, you have to come back.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
  • 1 måned senere...

Got home from my trip to Lyngen Alps a week ago. Had a really, really good trekking even though I could not cross Strupbreen because it had a lot of snow. Fishing only in Jaegervatnet, nowhere else. Not even in Trolvatnet.

@Fjellbokken: there's a very good place to pitch a tent at Strupvatnet, see attachment. There are 2 sandy spots there, and I mean sandy like a beach in Spain, absolutely perfect.

post-8468-13347476464_thumb.png

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
  • 4 uker senere...

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.