Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Svartisen: Vesterdalen

Kennethgijsel

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi,

We're planning a hiking trip in the Svartisen area this summer (mid july). Does anyone know if it's possible to traverse the Vesterdalen between the two main glaciers of Svartisen without special equipment? Or is it too complicated with all those rivers?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Me and some buddies traversed the Vesterdalen in July 2007, and experienced no problems.

I would advise you to follow the eastern side of the river that's floats down the Vesterdalen. It is not possible to cross the main river

some kilometers downstream Lake Terskaldvatnet.

If you need more information, tracks, pictures and so on, please don't hesitate to ask me =) Just send me a PM =)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We were brought by boat over Lake Storglomvatn to Terskald, and headed south.

Our final destination was the old farm at Fisketjønna in Rana municipality.

It's possible to walk around lake Storgomvatn, both on the western and eastern side of the lake,

but there is glacier crossing involved on boath sides.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

According to the logbook at the small cabin at Pikhaugvatnet there is a small trickle of hikers going through this valley each summer. A surprising percentage of whom seems to be Dutch! As they cannot rely on being transported by boat over Storglomvatnet I guess they traverse the (easy) glacier to the east of Storglomvatn and walks Sørdalen and Gråtådalen thus ending (or starting) in Beiardalen...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 måneder senere...

I`d say you only need crampons, and they don`t have to be of the professional type..

None of the rivers will be especially difficult to cross in normal conditions, in case of heavy downpour both could prove interesting... :-) Bear in mind that the water in these rivers comes from glaciers and will be extremely cold!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 6 år senere...

I'm planing a trip to the area so I hope its okay to rewake this old tread.

Is it reasonable to go east from Sørdalen over Lappflyttarskaret? It looks ok from the maps but I would like to hear if anyone here has crossed there? Or is it better to access Bogvatnet further south of Istinden along the edgde of the northeastern tongue of Svartisen?

Endret av Troels
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.