Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Request for recommendations for Backcountry Day tours from Tromso

Calypso

Anbefalte innlegg

Hi,

I'm a telemarker from the Canadian Rockies in Alberta Canada. An extinct species in this part of the world. I'm visiting your lovely country in March 2009 and would really like to ski up in the Arctic circle and checking out feasibility. I've thrown out some postings when I was starting to plan, but would like to get some more details.

Anyone familiar or from the Tromso area that could share some information or potentially would like to hook up with two Canadians sometime the week of March 23? Have been told Lyngen alps are nearby, although not sure how far from Tromso, or how accessible given short days. But up for terrain that is closer also.

Would like to get some idea of driving times, how easy is it to find the trail heads, location so I can look it up on my map.

Is there enough to do maybe 4 days of touring?

Although we would prefer being able to get some turns, we are also amenable to a nordic tour. We both have extensive avalanche awareness experience.

I also will be posting for skiers (intermediate level) for a 5 day backcountry ski trip in the Jostadal area beginning of march. Details to follow on the Turfolge? forum.

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Only 60 cm Base at our ski hills so far, with limited early ski season conditions! :roll: I really hope for good snow in Norway.

Calypso

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Hi!

You can get to the Lyngen alps in about 1.5-2 hours of driving - depends on the weather conditions. And if you choose to take the ferry or drive around the south side... but that totally depends on where you wanne go.

I also heard that some of the best places to go skiing is just possible to get to with boat...

You can move around a lot in four days up here as the distanses aren`t that far when you finally get up here.

There`s also some good skiin areas west of Tromsø on an island called Kvaløya. Hollendaren is a famous mountain worth to check out.

I know there are a lot of peopla that know a lot more about these places than me so just be patient. The dats aren`t that short in march by the way. :roll:

Good luck!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

just want to say that four days is a short time. There is a lot of supernice skiing up here, and the weather might suck.

For ski conditions, check out senorge.no and press the snow-button on top.

I have to agree with tormod. Check out Kvaløya also. Smaller, with up to 3000 vertical feet of skiing, but just as nice as Lyngen, and easy access specially on days with bad conditions.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...

hi,

you have certainly chosen the right time to visit Tromsoe for some spectacular skiing, and you will have no problems filling only four days with quite varied views and routes.

I have sent you a PM with further info.

Regards

Bo E

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.