Gå til innhold
  • Bli medlem

Where is the nicest beach in Norway ??

Polar Bear

Anbefalte innlegg

Annonse

According to the environmental organization FEE, Norway`s best beaches are Bystranda and Hamresanden in Kristiansand, and Skotteviga in Lillesand. Sjøsanden in Mandal is also a nice beach.

But I am agree with you that the beaches of Lofoten have the most spectacular surroundings, with steep mountains and the midnight sun in summer. If you want to take a bath is the water a bit cold :D

In Lofoten, my favourite beach is maybe Vikstranda on Vestvågøy. The hidden beaches on the western part of Andøy (Høyvika, Otervika...) were beatiful too, I saw them from a boat (seal-safari).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is a panorama from Lomsesanden outside Farsund in the southern part of Norway:

I probably shouldn't be saying this, but the best beach in Southern Norway is in my opinion a few kilometers west of Lomsesanden. It's situated just west of Skiphaugen and is facing south/south east. There is a rather large peninsular on the west side of the beach protecting it from the western winds, which is the usual wind direction when it's really blowing.

So when all the other spots along Lista are blown out you can always find protected waves for surfing or kayaking in this bay. The swell turns around the corner and since it's protected by the peninsular the waves come in rather clean. The waves are good for long boards and I guess ideal for kayaks.

It's also very scenic, but that's of course not most important. :roll:

post-256-1334745893_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you all for your nice places, I marked them on my maps as places to visit when I am in the area.

For sure I will visit Brennviksanden in the summer with my sea-kayak and maybe also during winter. Thanks for your posting ET and for your link to Brennvikstranden. The pictures on this link are awesome. Take a look and get amazed!

Did you take your picture from the top of Kraktinden ET?

If so, is it possible to scramble up to the top or is it a climbing mountain?

Thanks you all again and I keep on looking for more nice beach suggestions!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The pictures in this set are by the missus on a trip this summer: view over Leines and Brennvika

You won't need any special equipment on Kråktind, but the path can be difficult to follow once you're above the vegetation. Stay high when in doubt, and either use the shortcut (see note in picture 2 on flickr) or scramble around and up on the left.

post-1311-133474590096_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This is one of my best beaches.

We going there every summer.

Have used an old boat for fire several years.

Due to the very fine trouths (up to 5 lbs) in this small lake

Im not alowed to tell anybody about it.

If I did, the others would probably hang me up in the nearest tree.

Guess there are many places like this.................

post-728-133474591577_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 måneder senere...
I have seen many nice beaches all over Norway, but this one is for me the winner:

The beach at the east side of mountain Haen on the island Vaeroy (Lofoten).

See the picture below.

If someone knows other nice beaches, please post a message.

Thanks

I just love "Punnj-sand" as the beach on Værøy is called. I happend to live on Værøy. The beach can only be reach by boat or by climbing some steep hills.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If someone knows other nice beaches, please post a message.

Thanks

In Norway, the most spectacular beaches are found in North-Norway. And there are a lot of them up there.

In South-Norway I would say the beaches at Jæren have a high star. There are also some nice beaches around Sunnmøre, giving a little hint of what is found further north. Some of the beaches in North-N is so beautiful, that given a much more comfortable climate, they would have been destroyed by mass-tourism ages ago.

We are lucky not to have that kind of climate in Norway, and I hope it stays at that!!

Both Nordland, Troms and Finnmark have a huge number of adorable beaches, but of the ones I have seen I will mention:

- Nordsandfjorden, Sørøya, Finnmark

- Grøtfjorden, Kvaløya, Troms

- Hauklandsstranda, Vestvågøy, Lofoten

- Bunesstranda, Moskenes, Lofoten

- Kvalvik, Flakstad, Lofoten

But these are just a snapshot. I have not been in East-Finnmark, but I have seen pictures from very nice beaches there. Generally, the beaches of North-N is not only beautiful by themselves, but the surroundings with jagged peaks, crystal-clear water, midnight sun and many more things make up an experience truly to be joined.

Enjoy!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 måneder senere...

Hei Jan,

Først, takk for websiden din, som jeg har brukt mange ganger for å dra på tur!

Jeg er nybegynner med kayak og tenkte meg å ta en padletur til Breivika en gang, fra Engvika, akkurat som du gjorde det.

Men først har jeg lyst å gå ditt, over fjellene. Det ser ganske bra ut fra toppen av Helvetestind f. eks.

Hvor vanskelig er det syns du? Er det like bratt som siste delen av Store Blåmannen eller Hamperokken eller mer? Jeg er ikke vant ennå til å gå langs lange egger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

et, Brennviksanden is a nice beach indeed! I'm very happy to se that this beach is allready on the list, and I have to say that I'm quite proud of saying that Steigen, where you can find this beach and many other quite nice ones, is where I grew up.

Another favoruite of mine is Hjertøya, which is an island where you can find many, small and cosy beaches. Since you need a boat to get to this island you'll be safe and sound to have the beaches to your self :wink:

post-5923-133474633336_thumb.jpg

post-5923-133474633341_thumb.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sure, there are a lot of beautiful beaches in northern Norway, but since the temperature in the water seldom reach 15 degrees I will not put any of them on my top ten list.. There are a couple of nice small beaches west of Sjøsanden in Mandal. Really beutiful places! Lomsesanden at Lista another..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sure, there are a lot of beautiful beaches in northern Norway, but since the temperature in the water seldom reach 15 degrees I will not put any of them on my top ten list.. quote]

Og 15 grader er ikke varmt nok til å bade? Dere er en gjeng med kyllinger!! :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dypt uenig. 15 grader går an til en kjapp dukkert, men ikke til å bade i. Bør være ca 10 grader varmere for å kunne bade, dvs være uti en halvtime eller mer uten å bli nedkjølt.

Som sagt: En gjeng med kyllinger!!!

Og så må jeg også få lov å presisere at det ofte er over 15 grader i vannet på strendene i Steigen (de som ligger inni fjordene og somn ikke vender ut mot vestfjorden). Over 20 er sjelden, men nærmere 20 er overhodet ikke uvanlig. Så, de av dere som hevder at det sjelden er over 15 grader i vannet i nord har vært alt for lite i landsdelen og har ikke kjennskap eller kunnskap nok til å skille mellom de ulike stedene der. Selvsagt er det stor forskjell på vannet i en fjor kontra åpent hav.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Gjenopprett formatering

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

• Opprett ny...

Viktig informasjon

Ved å bruke dette nettstedet godtar du våre Bruksvilkår. Du finner våre Personvernvilkår regler her.